Saturday, October 2, 2010

17 hours of travel later...

We made it to Poland.

We managed to score a bulkhead seat so T1 slept in the bassinet almost the entire way. We are really hoping that happens again on the way back! The lady we sat next to was nice, but a little overbearing. When the plane touched down it was so smooth that we didn't even realize we were on the ground again, and we won big time when we chose to wait out the rush and gather up our things at a leisurely pace. Turns out we were exiting on the tarmac and our fellow passengers who rushed sat on a cold bus waiting for everyone to deplane anyway. We felt smug.

This is what T1 looked like on said bus.



The German airport has these really great mothers lounges with a place to change your baby and breastfeed!


Packaging for cigarettes doesn't look like this in the US does it?


I like it. (This was in the Frankfurt airport)


TH bought us some candy.


It made us both sick because we've been eating so differently lately but we will probably finish off the bag anyway. :)


Now we are at his parent's house. They are doting on T1 like crazy already. Good thing he's not a little bit older or he would come back completely spoiled. My MIL is even taking care of him for the night. They've showered us with all kinds of gifts already... I have the best in-laws!

We were greeted with tomato and sausage sandwiches when we came. Polish sausage in Poland really is so much better than anything you can find in America.


And a dessert TH called Kajmak. Sooooo good.



T1 is upstairs being doted on by his grandparents. TH is talking on the phone to his friend Tetija (spelling?) and I am stretched out on the bed pecking out this post. I admit that I fully realized my addiction to the Internet on this trip. Thank goodness my in-laws have wireless!

Tomorrow we are spending time with family and attending a town festival (and hopefully listening to a session of general conference which will air at 6pm here). I was hoping to see my SIL tonight but I guess she is out being all crazy at her bachelorette party.

Crazy early Monday morning (like midnight or something), we are hopping on a train to VIENNA! My FIL is finding us a hotel and we're going to take a 6 hour train and spend 3 days relaxing and exploring. I can tell that this is going to be a tough vacation to beat. We are so happy with the way things are working out!

6 comments:

  1. Vienna! Beautiful choice. Sounds amazing, I know you'll have an absolute ball. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing. Have tons of fun! T1 is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a blast on your trip! I can't wait to read and hear more about Poland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Jenna, I am fine. We will see you today for sure! Just don't be asleep ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never really cared for Haribo candy. Maybe it's the black licorice. I'm glad you had such a good flight. The sandwiches and desserts look YUMMY! Have fun in Vienna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love Vienna. My family lived there for 2 years. Ah I wish I could go back!

    ReplyDelete