Saturday, October 9, 2010

5 hours on the train later...


We had big plans to get up early on Friday morning and visit Mozarthaus and St. Stephens but... big surprise we slept in instead! I don't know why but we both felt kind of guilty at first, like we were "wasting" our vacation by not running ourselves into the ground to see all of the most popular things in Venice.

Then we realized that was ridiculous and that we loved our vacation that emphasized sleeping in and eating delicious food! We packed up our stuff, checked out of our hotel room, and dragged our bags and suitcase over to the Hundertwasser house. We didn't get to stay long because I sent us on a bit of a wild goose chase to get there, but I took some pictures and we scurried off to the train station, making it just in time.

On the train I listened to my iPod and finished the TW book club pick for October. I tried not to scandalize our compartment neighbors but it was really hard to resist reading out loud about things like loveseat style double bidets!




When we stepped out of the car I literally ran upstairs to see Grunty. I missed him so much!




I retired early to try and rest my ankle a bit. Polish weddings are parties that last all night long I hear!

3 comments:

  1. that's my favorite kind of vacation memory too, the food! i can't believe you're already finished, i just finished the middle ages.
    can't wait to hear all about the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. French weddings don't end until 6am. I was disapointed our guests were all gone by midnight (except for the French people who stayed a tad later).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that the first time you left T1?

    ReplyDelete