Sunday, October 10, 2010

One wonderful wedding weekend draws our 2010 Poland trip to a close.

My memory cards are full and I'm anxious to get home and sort through all of the photos and videos I've taken during our time here!

The wedding was absolutely beautiful, so worth flying out for. My favorite part was the dancing. My second favorite part? TH and I went outside and took "anniversary photos" and I think they turned out really beautiful!

My attempts at a fancy updo



I didn't take any iPhone pictures until we sat down to eat at the reception. This chicken noodle soup was the best I've ever had. Ever ever ever. I could I've chowed down on this all night and been a very happy girl.


Side dishes


Main dishes


Dishes I wasn't brave enough to try


TH wore his wedding suit and looked super sexy. I have a delicious looking husband.


I bought this shirt at a boutique in Chicago and I thought it fit in very nicely with what everyone else was wearing. I took lots of pictures and tried to stay out of the official photographer's way as much as possible, just as I would want a guest at a wedding I was hired to shoot to do for me.


Somehow I don't have a single mobile photo of the cute bride or the darling little church they were married in. Posts on That Wife with dSLR photos to come soon!

This is Sunday, the day after the wedding. TH's parents are trying to squeeze in every possible moment with this little guy.


I'm actually a bit surprised by how much they adore him. It's nothing less than all-consuming. I almost feel like a bad person, taking him away from them for so long! He has been their entire world for the last week.


We finished up our time in Poland with a walk to the cemetery. TH's parent's house is right next door to it, literally. The Poles are very devout about visiting the graves of deceased family members and whenever I visit this cemetery I see hundreds of freshly lit candles flickering.


The church next door. I'm starting to find the green glow oddly comforting.


We are looking forward to our next Poland trip already!

Posting on this blog will be sporadic, basically whenever I travel and I want to keep you all updated on my adventures while doing so. Thanks to all those who have been commenting, I really love reading them!

6 comments:

  1. Is it their first grandchild? Because that could explain a lot. Well he looks adorable anyway.

    The food looks really interesting and I can't wait to see your dslr pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! You might have to do a mini post or something on the little hair thing. I've seen those and kind of wondered how they work because they look so cute.

    I love going to the cemetery when we visit Germany. It's so cool to see the names of family members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top looks very cute, can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Can't wait to see the real pictures :). Also, Happy Anniversary today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Happy Anniversary, TW!

    Your comments about your in-laws being so taken with T1 made me reflect on my international in-laws and how they will respond when we have children. Given your more flexible employment, any thoughts about spending a few weeks over there with T1 (not necessarily TH) in order to spend more time with the in-laws? Its something I've considered as a future option, but I'm not sure if it is something I would be able to do with work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED the updo with the "fancy" in the middle :-) and you looked great in that other pic. :-)
    Loving that you are keeping a travelblog. I like your "addiction". I get too busy to keep up my "writing" at times, but I still have a "blog reading addiction" haha

    ReplyDelete