Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Europe 2011: Day 10

I did it! I got myself out of bed on vacation and beat the sunrise to the top of the mountain. Unfortunately it wasn't the fiery burst of magnificence I was hoping for, but I didn't regret it.
















We left behind our new favorite place and drove off to Portofino/Cinque Terre for the day, with a final destination of Lake Garda in mind.

Things did not got as planned. Still good, just different than we wanted. That Husband woke up with a sore leg (he has Achilles tendon inflammation) and so we weren't able to see nearly as much as we hoped. Most of our time was spent moving at an excruciatingly slow pace while he limped around. It was so sad to watch :(

We went to Portofino because of a picture I saw on Pinterest, and I was able to dash over and find the exact spot, and then we decided to drive over to one of the Cinque Terre cities.

I chose Vernazza cities due to some quick googling on extremely slow Internet, and I think we chose wrong. The drive in had great views, but it was a bit terrifying on the tiny roads. Then it took TH an HOUR to limp 1 km to the beach front and the view was just kind of okay. We were able to catch a bus back to the parking lot thankfully.

The drive back out was at sunset, which we loved, but I would definitely recommend training between the cities. And visiting them all because one was just kinda cool, not mind blowing like we were hoping. Although I think the hurt leg really put a damper on things.

Also I peed at the train station by squatting over a hole. Literally squatting. It felt very Asian (based on what I know about traveling in rural parts of Asia). And the door wouldn't lock which was definitely the opposite of awesome.



2 comments:

  1. One time, I was in Asia and I used a toilet. It made me feel very European.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My visit to Spain was the first time I got Achilles tendinitis - SO MUCH WALKING in Europe! Hope TH feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete