Sunday, September 4, 2011

Europe 2011: Day 4


Our first full day in Italy! We slept in, of course, because in our opinion that's the best kind of vacation.

Today we did a lot of walking, mostly to the stores to shop. Our favorite one was Cielo, where TH essentially overhauled his entire wardrobe. If you have a slim and tall husband, Europe is the place you want to clothes shop for him. In America, a small can sometimes be a bit big for him. In Europe, he wears a medium. And all of the cuts are so slim and hug his body so well. He looks super sexy in his new clothes.

I also did a little shopping, at Pull and Bear, which seems to be the Forever 21 of Europe. I got 4 shirts for 4 euros each. I'm very happy I worked so hard to lose weight before I came, otherwise shopping wouldn't be nearly as fun.

After we picked up clothes, a camera battery charger (which I paid a LOT for and it doesn't even work), and some apple cider vinegar (I'm being kind of crazy attempting no poo in Europe) we walked home to drop off our bags and regroup. I realized that when we travel during warmer months and do a lot of walking, that we need to schedule a break at the hotel in the middle of the day to allow us a chance to rest.

We set back out and did some more shopping, then took a taxi to Meloncello and hiked up to the sanctuary of the Madonna. Loved this! I was a little disappointed with the direction that we were facing at the top. I wanted to look out over the city.

I wrote more but it was erased and TH is hungry and I'm not in the mood to do it over. Stupid hotel internet that resets every 30 minutes.

I've been having fun taking pictures of interesting details. I think it will make a cool collage.






I love these installments and think they would be cool to replicate in a little girl's room.





We are leaving tomorrow morning, and though it has been fine, I'm not sure I would tell anyone to come here, especially if they've never been to Rome. Rome is way better than Bologna. I'm hoping a good dinner will make me like it better because I didn't really love our dinner last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment