Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Europe 2011: Day 5

A few things that caught my eye.

This is how I want to dress my kids all day every day. Heck this is how I want to dress myself.









Wouldn't this cake be awesome for a teacher-themed wedding?


Sunday we woke up and got ready for church. TH called me a martyr for wanting to walk the hour to get there, and I laughed at his teasing until we were both limping with blisters by the time we finished walking the hour and a half to get there. It was stake conference, but happily they still served the sacrament. We stayed for about 15 minutes and then left, because TH couldn't understand any of it, an honestly my comprehension isn't thy great either (I got all Cs and Ds in my Italian classes).

We were so exhausted and beaten down that we gave in and took a taxi back. Taxis are crazy cheap in Bologna, btw.

Then, I indulged in a little time on Pinterest, and then a 3 hour nap. By the time I woke up it was 4:30 and both our stomachs were grumbling. I really wanted to wear my heels, which caused some blisters, but I looked cute so...

We stopped by Bistro 18 to make a reservation and then walked over to San Angelo to check out the churches. Honestly , we were bored, I think we just aren't architecture people. We need some kind of audio guide to help us understand why what we are looking at is important.

Dinner was unfortunately a disappointment. Close to the type of food we like, but so incredibly salty that we couldn't even finish our dishes, which is saying a lot for me since I am a salt fiend. By this point I'm starting to feel pretty discouraged because I had put so much time and effort into trying to find us good places to eat, verifying the reviews on multiple websites, etc. We cheered ourselves up with some gelato from our favorite Bologna gellateria, Venchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment