Saturday, September 3, 2011

Europe 2011 Day 3

I started off this day with a run just shy of 4 miles. We were flying and transporting, etc, so I knew I'd want to be really active early on to keep from feeling like a blob.




I saw all sorts of things on my run. Including a woman who was really worried about something I was doing. I don't know what that thing is since she was speaking in polish. I used one of my new Polish phrases to tell her I only speak English.




Came across all sorts of Catholic things on my run.




TH's school has an indoor pool with a slide!


I came home, ate breakfast, and took a nap with TH that lasted 3 hours. Oops. When my in-laws came to wake us up we found out we only had 90 minutes to finish packing and getting ready for our flight (I was gross and still hadn't showered after my run)

I was traveling as Mr. Jenna Andersen this day.


We made it happen and we were off to Forli. Along the way we realized we had forgotten three things:

Our international drivers license (required since 2007 but not always enforced by car rental companies)

My camera strap

My camera charger (we forgot these in Chicago, not Poland)

It made for kind of a stressful plane ride.

I calmed down when this came into view though:


We decided to ditch the car rental (at least for now, over 30 minutes after we got in line the guy behind the desk still hadn't moved on to a new person) and took a taxi to the train. We missed the train TWICE, but our tickets were open and so we just had to wait about 30 minutes for another to come. We rode first class and shared headphones while listening to Why We Get Fat.

Our hotel is AWESOME. I love it and can't get over how huge the bed is.


We dropped our stuff off and headed out for dinner at Caminetto D'Oro, which I loved so much that I'm tempted to go back again.

We grabbed some gelato on the way home and kept marveling at how lucky we are. We're in Italy on our dream vacation!

2 comments:

  1. So funny that your gender was wrong on the ticket!! I feel like American TSA would have stopped you at security with that kind of blooper. It's interesting to consider our "normal" paradigm from the lens of another country in travel, isn't it?

    How are you enjoying the gelato?! I remember your comments about NYC gelato (Grom, I think?), and how you were looking forward to the legit stuff on Italia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. i read your total post and like it. Thank you for sharing.............

    ReplyDelete